On 10 November, 2016, in Sadovoye Koltso hotel, Loftice held the 15th corporate car fleet round-table meeting for fleet managers, administrators, and heads of procurement departments.
The subject read, Corporate Car Fleet: Best Practices, Success Stories, Difficult Issues.
Konstantin Bnatov, head of fleet with Pfizer, shared his experience in organising fleet management at his company.
He explained how vehicle fleet is managed at Pfizer, which services are overseen by members of company staff and which are contracted out, how leasing and insurance companies are dealt with, what is good and bad about leasing cars in Russia, and some aspects of the fuel programme.
The second part of the event addressed practical aspects of running vehicle fleets. Subjects actively discussed by participants of the round-table meeting included:
- contracting out fleet management: pros and cons and whether cost optimisation is possible here;
- feasibility of mixed fleet management: advantages and disadvantages;
- factors influencing the resulting number of cars per manager when leased and when owned;
- renting, hiring taxis, or employing drivers: finer aspects and current trends;
- pros and cons of car allowance;
- car sharing: pro et contra.
We thank every participant for the warm atmosphere, lively discussion, and their huge desire to share knowledge and experience.